Lee Zieben is the Founder and President of the Zieben Group (ZG). ZG is a vertically integrated real estate firm with acquisitions, development, construction, property management and asset management divisions. The firm currently owns several multifamily projects located throughout Texas and Arkansas, both market rate and affordable. Lee serves as the visionary for all of ZG’s investments and is heavily involved in all aspects of project site selection, design coordination and implementation, project financing and asset management. His experience includes more than a decade as an award-winning residential developer and builder of multifamily and single-family projects with a cumulative value of over $250 million. In 2010, Lee was named one of the country’s top 40 building professionals under the age of 40.
A strong advocate for his community, Lee currently serves as an active Board Member of the Houston Business Education Coalition, the Silicon Valley Growth Venture Fund, the Children’s Fund Houston, Teach For America Houston, the C Club of Houston, the Houston Texas Exes and ProUnitas. He previously served as Board Co-Chair for Texas Southern University’s Jones School of Business, a Board Member of the University of Houston’s College of Technology and the Chairman of the Houston 2012 Olympic Technology Committee.
Lee became one of the youngest political appointees in Texas history in 2004 when he was appointed by the Governor to the Texas Online Authority Board, currently the world’s largest E-government portal. He graduated from the University of Texas at Austin, speaks fluent Spanish, and is a native Houstonian.
Awards & Accreditations
Lee Zieben has been recognized for his devotion to excellence in real estate development and his devotion to community causes. Just a few of his awards and accreditations include:
- Top 40 Builders under the age of 40 in the nation, Professional Builder Magazine, 2010
- 25th Largest Builder in Houston 2010-2009, Houston Business Journal
- 36th Fastest Privately Held Growing Company in Houston 2008, Houston Business Journal
- Best Master Bedroom for a Home under $1 Million, 2008, Texas Association of Builders
- Best Patio Home in Houston, Greater Houston Builder Association
- Best Custom Home Exterior Elevation, Greater Houston Builder Association
- Best Builder Website, Greater Houston Builder Association
- Best Floor Plan Design, Greater Houston Builder Association
- Volunteer of the Year, DePelchin Children’s Center